12th Science Course | Course List After Pass 12th Standard
We all understand the importance of choosing the right path for career. With a lot of planning and thinking the decision has to be made as life ahead will be decided on that basis. 12th standard was the last station for a student life and 1st stage for professional education. There are many courses in science for students after 12th standard. However, the difficult part is that there are many proficient courses in science stream after 12th.
So are you an aspirant interested in medical or healthcare industry? If yes, then you can choose courses in Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology). The medical field can be chosen with PCB courses with the area of interest of a student.
Admissions in these professional courses are done either by merit or via entrance examinations. There are different entrance examinations for different courses such as NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER are some well-known examinations for medical field.
The courses available after 12th standard with PCB are as follows:
- MBBS– The most opted course for Biology students. The duration of this course is 5.5 years with 4.5 years of academic course duration and 1-year duration of internship.
- BDS– stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. The course duration is 5 years where 4 years is for academic studies and 1 year of internship.
- Pharm– stands for Bachelor of Pharmacy. It is all about the pharmaceutical sector in which it deals with the topics of making medicines and chemicals in the medicines. The duration of this course is 4 years.
- A.M.S– stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. The duration of this course is of 5.5 years where 4.5 years are dedicated to academic studies and 1 year of internship.
- D- one of the distinctive course in the Pharmacy programme! Pharm.D is a combination of B.Pharm., M.Pharm. and MBBS. The course duration is of 6 years.
- Sc Nursing- Bachelor of Science with specialization in Nursing is again a prominent course. The duration of this course is 3 years.
- H.M.S- stands for Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery. The course duration is of 5.5 years.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy- One of highly valued course for healthcare sector. The duration of this course is 4.5 years in which 4 years are dedicated to academic studies and 6 months to internship.
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry- This course is for who are more diverted to animals and pets. Again very strong course with the duration of 5 years with 4 years of academic studies and 1 year of internship.
There are other B.Sc courses that PCB students may like to pursue which are 3 years long. The courses are as follows:
- Sc Physics.
- Sc Biology.
- Sc Chemistry.
- Sc Biotechnology.
- Sc Zoology.
- Sc Forensic Science.
- Sc Pathology.
- Sc Botany.
- Sc Medical Laboratory Technology.
- Sc Anthropology.
There are many different job oriented diploma course also which students can pursue after 12th standard.
All in all, we can manage to list the main professional courses to pursue after 12th Science for Biology group. Do a bit of research and then decide which to select according to your personal choice. Wish you all the best!