AEE 2018: Application, Registration, Exam Pattern, Eligibility criteria
The Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam commonly called AEEE 2018 has been released 1 year ago that is on 1st December 2017. However, students have still not missed the registration period as the last day for Application form last day for commencement is 31st March 2018.
AEEE is basically university level entrance examination conducted and managed by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (Amrita University). AEEE will students will help students for admission in four year degree course in engineering (B.Tech).
This entrance exam will let candidates to secure admission in three campuses that would be Amritapuri (Kollam), Bangalore and Ettimadai (Coimbatore) and Vengal (Chennai). Here is all information important about AEEE 2018 which candidates need to keep in mind.
AEEE Important Dates:
Here are the schedules of events for AEEE 2018.
|First date for Application Form||1st December 2017|
|Last day for Application form Submission||31st March 2018.|
|Computer based Test||19th April to 22nd April 2018|
|Pen and Paper based Test||28th April 2018|
|Declaration of AEEE 2018||5th May 2018|
- AEEE 2018 application form has been released in both Online and Offline Mode; candidates can choose the mode they are comfortable with.
- Applicants should fill out all details i.e. personal, academic and others that are mandated.
- Applicant needs to upload their scanned photograph and signature in JPEG/JPG format with size of both the images not more than 20KB. Also the dimension of Photograph should be 3.5 cm (W) x 4.5 cm (H) and 3.5 cm (W) x 1.5 cm (H) for signature.
- Printed Application Form of AEEE 2018 can be obtained by candidate from the list of Head Post Office and federal banks. You can also, if you want, take the print out of Application Form for further processes.
- Application fee for the candidate to enroll for the AEEE 2018 is 1000/-
- Candidates can pay online and offline mode. For online payment, applicant can use Net banking/Debit card/Credit card whereas for offline mode candidate can pay via Demand Draft (DD). The Demand Draft should be under the name of ‘Amrita School of Engineering’ payable at ‘Coimbatore’. The Application fee is non-refundable.
Candidates need to clear the eligibility criteria mandated for AEEE 2018. Following are the criteria for AEEE 2018.
- Candidate must have born after or on 1st July 1997. With that, candidate must have cleared the Intermediate or equivalent degree to it from recognized university or board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects.
- Candidate must have 55% score on each subject minimum and 60% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM). Minimum eligibility for management quota is 80% aggregate in PCM
Here are the points for pattern of Examination of AEEE 2018.
- The entrance exam will be conducted in online (Computer Based Test) and offline mode (Pen and Paper).
- The duration of AEEE 2018 will be 2 hour and 30 minutes. Computer based Test will be conducted 3 times a day all over the country. Written test will be for 2 and ½ hours i.e. from 10: 00 AM to 12: 30 PM in the metropolitan cities of the states Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- Candidate must have to attempt 100 Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) from three major sections, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The total marks of AEEE examination is 300 marks.
- In AEEE 2018, candidates will be awarded in 3 marks for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The subject wise distribution of question and marks are as follows
|Subject||No. of Question||Marks|
- AEEE 2108 Computer-based Test will be conducted in major 96 cities in the country. Pen & Paper examination will be conducted in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala States only.