GATE Examination – Notification, Exam Dates, Exam Pattern
GATE 2018 Updates and Notification
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a national level entrance examination that of subjects in Engineering and Science. Entrants are eligible for the admission into M.Tech/Ph.D programmes in IITs (Indian Institute of Technology), IISc (Indian Institute of Science), IISERs (Indian Institute of Science and Research), and other reputed institutions through GATE score.
Apart from getting admissions, GATE examination scores are also considered for recruitment of government and private organization in technical fields. This year GATE examination is conducted in IIT Guwahati. Entrants will find requisite details about GATE 2018 Entrance Examination.
The examination dates of GATE 2018 are declared. Dates are 3rd, 4th of February and 10th, 11th of February 2018. Declaration of Result for GATE 2018 is 17th March 2018. The GATE 2018 Exams will be held through online mode and duration would be 3:00 Hr.
Eligibility criteria would depend upon the subject paper candidate has appeared and Institution in which candidate wishes to apply for. For admission criteria in any particular institute, candidates are advised to refer the official website of the particular institute.
Examination Pattern for GATE 2018 are as follows:
- In GATE examination, candidates can apply for any one of the 23 subject papers. However candidate can choose the subject according to their academic plans.
- The subject paper would be Aerospace Engineering (AE), Agricultural Engineering (AG), Architecture and Planning (AR), Biotechnology (BT), Civil Engineering (CE), Chemical Engineering(CH), Computer Science and Information Technology (CS), Chemistry (CY), Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC), Electrical Engineering (EE), Ecology and Evolution (EY), Geology and Geophysics (GG), Instrumentation Engineering (IN), Mathematics (MA), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Mining Engineering (MN), Metallurgical Engineering (MT), Petroleum Engineering (PE), Physics (PH), Production and Industrial Engineering (PI), Textile Engineering and Fiber Science (TF), Engineering Sciences (XE), Life Sciences (XL)
- There would be 65 questions of maximum 100 marks that would be asked in GATE 2018.
- The Type of Question Paper would be in GATE 2018 would be in Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT).Also, General Aptitude (GA) would be common in all subject papers . It will contain 150 questions for 15 marks.
- Multiple choice questions (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) would carry 1 and 2 marks for every subject papers. There would be negative marking for 1/3 marks for 1 mark question whereas for 2/3 marks would be deducted in 2 marks question. There would be no negative marking for Numerical Answer Test (NAT) questions.
- Candidates would be provided with GATE Virtual Calculator. It would be online calculator containing all the operations and functions needed to carry out any calculation needed. No physical calculator is allowed in the examination hall.
So Best of Luck for Future you.