JEE Mains 2018 : Exam Dates, Notifications, Exam Pattern
JEE main Examination 2018 has been out now. It is conducted by CBSE for admission of B.E/ B.tech and B.Arch courses. So this article gives away some of the important and essential pointers for the candidates who are applying for JEE Main 2018.
Here are some of the important pointers while registering JEE Main 2018
- Applicants should be aware that the form would be available tentatively in the first week of December 2017.
- JEE Main 2018 application form will be available in online mode only.
- Applicants of JEE Main 2018 are permissible to submit application form only once. Filling or registering for more than once will get a rejection.
- Application Fee can be cleared by online or offline mode.
- Attachment of applicant’s passport-sized photograph and thumb impression is necessary with JPG/JPEG format only.
- The closing date for JEE Main 2018 online application form would be the first week of January 2018.
Dates of Examinations for JEE Main 2018 are out. Examinations would be conducted on 8th of April 2018. Conducting authority of JEE main will be handled by CBSE (Central Board of State Education)
Candidates must qualify some prescribed important conditions before applying JEE Main 2018 for eligibility. Criteria for eligibility are as follows:
- All candidates applying for JEE Main 2018 should obtain Aadhaar Card issued By UIDAI. Applicants filling an application form for JEE Main it is mandated to enter Aadhaar card number, Date of Birth, Name, and Gender given as it is on Aadhaar card. It will be later confirmed and re-checked with the UIDAI’s data and in case of the mismatch with the details in Application Form, The applicants may not be able to fill the form of JEE Main 2018.
- However, candidates of Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya, and Assam who have already completed or pursuing 12th Class have a provision; they would be required to enter the Ration card number, Passport number, Bank account number or any other Government identity number. Only if they choose the city of entrance examination test in the given states only.1
- Candidates who are appearing for JEE main 2018 should have done 12th class or any such equivalent examination qualifying the same in either 2016 or 2017.
- Applicants applying should have completed 12th or other equivalent examination with minimum five subjects.
- Applicant’s date of birth should fall on or after 1st October 1993 (General candidates) and 1st October 1988 (candidates from SC, ST, and PWD category)
JEE Main 2018 consists two paper- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Paper 1 is mainly for B.Tech/B.E applicants whereas Paper 2 is for Architecture applicants.
Paper 1 of JEE Main will have questions from three main subjects- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics while Paper 2 will consist Aptitude Test, Mathematics, and Drawing Test. Types of questions asked in JEE main would be Objective- Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) with English, Hindi or others medium of language (based on exam center location).Duration of Examination would be 3 hours for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 (1 hour extra to PwD category and candidates with 40% or more physical disability). Total Marks on Paper 1 would be 360 and of Paper 2 are 390. For every correct answer, 4 marks will be bestowed to the candidate and 1 mark would be deducted for each incorrect answer. However, there is no negative marking for unanswered questions left.
So plan and execute your JEE Main 2018 preparations accordingly and it will ensure you in achieving accomplishment in the examination.