NEET Examination – Notification, Exam Dates, Application Form
National Eligibility Entrance Test commonly called as NEET considered one of the most competitive medical entrance examinations. Conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), once a year in the month of May.
A National level medical entrance exam for candidates who wants to set a foot in MBBS and BDS for government and private medical colleges. With this article, candidates can understand and get essential details for NEET 2018 exams.
NEET Application Form:
How To Apply and other indicators are as follows:
- NEET 2018 application forms are only online mode. Filled and submitted through the official website (http://cbseneet.nic.in).
- A candidate has to upload the scanned copies of his passport-sized photograph, signature, index finger impression print in necessary size and format.
- Online Application form for NEET 2018 exams will be available from last week of December 2017.
- The last date for NEET 2018 exam for filling Application form is 4th week of January 2018.
- Application Fees are Rs. 1400 for General and OBC category, Rs. 750 for SC/ST/PH category.
- The given application fees have to be submitted with the application form through online mode via Credit or Debit card.
- It can also be paid through e-challan for the following banks-SBI, ICICI, Syndicate or HDFC.
Dates of examinations for NEET 2018 are said to be in 1st week of May 2018 with the exam duration of 3:00 hrs. Result announcement for NEET 2018 1st week of June 2018. Authority of conducting NEET 2018 examination is handled by CBSE(Central Board of State Education).
Applicant must have to fulfill mandated criteria while applying NEET 2018. The eligibility criteria for appearing NEET 2018 exam is given below-
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) also eligible for NEET 2018.
- Every candidate should have AADHAR card issued by UIDAI for applying NEET 2018.
- Candidates from J&K, Andhra Pradesh, and Telangana are entitled to 15% All India Quota only for admission to AFMC, Pune only on the basis of self-declaration.
- Candidates can attempt the examination 3 times only for NEET 2018.
- Entrant must have passed the senior/higher secondary examination or ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Examination) which is equal to 10+2 examination.
- Candidates must have passed the qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology & Mathematics or any other elective subject with the English language. Also, candidates must secure minimum 50% marks (Gen.), 40% marks (ST/SC/OBC), 45% marks (GEN PH) taken together in PCB subjects.
- A candidate should not be less than 17 years of age on 31st December of the year of admission.
- The maximum age limit of candidate is 25 years. A general category candidate should not be more than 25 years of age. However, there is moderation of 5 years provided to candidates of SC/ST/OBC categories.
NEET Examination Pattern:
The exam pattern for NEET 2018 examination are mentioned below:
- Examination will be conducted through offline mode (Pen & Paper based mode).
- Questions asked will be Multiple Choice Question(MCQ)- objective type questions.
- Languages of examination would be English, Hindi, Marathi, Assamese, Odia, Tamil, Telegu, Kannada, Bengali and Gujarati.
- There would be four main subjects Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology.
- Each section of the subject will have 45 numbers of questions making 180 questions in Total.
- Every section of subjects will also have 180 marks each( Chemistry- 180 marks, Physics- 180 marks, Botany- 180 marks, Zoology- 180 marks) that is 720 marks in Total.
- Marking system would be 4 marks for every correct answer and one mark of deduction for each wrong answer.
So good luck of your exams, all the work does pay off.