Xat: Eligibility, Exam Date, Exam Pattern, Application Form
Xavier Aptitude Test known as XAT is the MBA entrance examination. It is a university level entrance test conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute on behalf of XAMI. XAT is considered as the second largest MBA entrance exams to pursue MBA/PGDM courses in 11 members of institutes.
It is also known as one of the two most important MBA entrance exams in India and is second largest examination after CAT. XAT is the oldest MBA entrance exams being conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for last 60 years.
XAT open the gates for admissions in more than 150 B-schools including XLRI, SPJIMR, IMT, BIMTECH, TAPMI, XIMB and many top schools of the country. Here we will cover complete details such as exam related dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, etc.
Registration dates for XAT 2018 has ended on 30th November 2018. However, there is extension in registration till 15th December 2018. Below are the important dates and events regarding examination.
|Application commenced||16th August 2017|
|Last day of Registration||30th November 2017|
|Last of Registration ( with late fee)||15th December 2017|
|Payment of Fees||16th August – 15th December 2017|
|Admit Card||20th December 2017|
|Examination Date||7th January 2018|
|Result declaration||31st January 2018|
|Counseling starts||After result declaration|
Here is the procedure for application in XAT 2018:
- Candidates have to apply for examination via online mode only. Firstly they need to register themselves. To register candidate, visit xatonline.net. This will provide XAT ID and password.
- Fill all the mandated information such a contact details, personal details, academic qualification correctly.
- Applicants need to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- Mode of payment are offline and online
- Applicants should take a print out confirmation page for any future reference.
- For online mode of payment, candidate can pay through Debit card/Credit card/ Net banking.
- For offline mode, candidates can pay via cash with the printout of XAT Pay-In-Slip and visit the nearest IDBI Bank or through Demand Draft (DD) in the favour of “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” payable at Jamshedpur from any bank.
- Candidates who wants to apply in XAT but not in XLRI needs to pay Rs. 1650/-, and with XLRI programmes candidate needs to pay additional Rs. 300/- each.
- The late fee for XAT without XLRI Rs. 2000/- and with XLRI programmes Rs. 500/-
The criteria of eligibility have remained same for years in XAT entrance exams. Here are the details of criteria for XAT 2018:
- All candidates have to India nationality can apply.
- Applicants must have Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent in any stream from a recognized institution.
- Students those who are completing their final graduation examination by 10th June 2018 can also apply.
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI) and foreign candidates can also apply through their GMAT scores. Dubai and Kathmandu candidates can however appear in XAT 2018 examination.
Below given are some tips and pointers for XAT 2018:
- XAT 2018 entrance will be conducted through online mode.
- The XAT 2018 exam is divided into two sections that are paper 1 and paper 2.
- XAT examination would be in Multiple Question Choice (MCQ) except essay writing.
- Duration allotted for XAT 2018 is 3 hours and 35 minutes. Timings would be 10:00 AM to 1:35 PM.
- Paper 1 is further divided into sections: Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making and Quantitative Ability and Data Encryption. It would contain 72 question
- Paper 2 in consists of General Awareness and Essay Writing. It will consist of 25 question and essay writing. Below given , is the bifurcation of no. of questions according to the sections:
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning||21|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Encryption||27|
|Essay Writing||1 Topic|